Photoshop - Motion Blur and Add Noise
Create custom textures with the Add Noise and Motion Blur filters.
- Create a new document 800 pixels by 800 pixels.
- Fill the entire document with any color you'd like Ctrl + Backspace We used color #8C5117.
- Select a New contrasting color as the foreground color and go to Filter>Noise>Add Noise.
Add Noise Options Box:
The Add Noise options box yields several options, which are discussed in detail in another lesson, for now just play around with colors and amounts of noise until you get a look that suits your needs. We used the color #C8AE95 for the foreground and selected the monochromatic check box.
- Next add a 37% - Uniform noise pattern and don't forget to select the monochromatic check box.
- Then go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur and add the following motion blur.
You should now have a texture that might resemble wood grain.
Found Something Wrong in this Lesson?
Report a Bug or Comment on This Lesson - Your input is what keeps Tizag improving with time!